Recipe by Barb G.
This is an easy to make Microwave Walnut Brittle. Time does not include cooling time.
Top Review by Rita~
It tastes good,But I had a hard time with it. I think maybe it should be whipped before adding the walnuts. I just don`t know. I did work fast.But it just seemed to harden to fast! Or even skip the whipping part!!!!!!! You may laugh at me but I buttered an other cookie sheet and put it on top then stepped on it using my weight to spread it out. There was no way I could have stretched it out.!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and corn syrup in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave mixture for three (3) minutes.
- Stir again and place in the microwave for an additional four (4) minutes.
- Stir in walnuts, salt, vanilla and butter.
- Mix with Electric Mixer until mixture is well blended and Fluffy.
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
- Spread mixture on cookie sheet in any desired thickness.
- After candy cools SLIGHTLY stretch the brittle to your desired thickness.
- Cool at least one hour.
- When cooled break into pieces and store in covered (tight) container.