Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of my favorite brew pubs in Boulder, Colorado! They were nice enough to share this recipe with me after I bothered them for it for about 5 years. Serve this dip with fresh tortilla chips and your favorite craft beer.
- Place cheese and milk in the top of a double boiler over simmering (not boiling) water.
- Heat very slowly, stirring frequently, until cheese is smooth and melted.
- Use slightly more than half of the 10-ounce package of spinach for the dip. Save remaining spinach for another use.
- Thoroughly drain spinach to be used in con queso, squeezing out as much moisture as possible.
- Stir spinach, bell pepper, onions and tomatoes into cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Cook, covered, over simmering (not boiling) water about 15 minutes.
- Serve as a dip for fresh tortillas that have been cut in triangles and fried in vegetable oil.
When I made this, I changed to 4 servings, so maybe that is why it turned out the way it did. The cheese and the milk serperated and never melded together like I wanted it to. I ended up adding more milk and some sour cream to make it blend together, but it never did.
With all the different flavors, this was yummy! I quartered the recipe and it still made plenty for my DH and I. Thank you!