2 hrs 40 mins
Yeast walnut bread is made with a food processer. Other additions such as dried fruit can easily be added to this wholesome bread.Original recipe printed in Bon Appetit (April, 1982). Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
round l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make glaze: Using a food processor, process egg and 1/2 teaspoon salt with steel knife for 2 seconds.
- 2Remove and set aside but do not clean work bowl before proceeding.
- 3To make bread: Grease or oil large bowl and set aside.
- 4Combine water, brown sugar and yeast in measuring cup stirring to blend.
- 5Let stand until foamy (10 minutes).
- 6Using a food processor with steel knife in the same workbowl, combine 2-1/2 cups bread flour, whole wheat flour, oil and salt.
- 7While machine is running pour yeast mixture through feed tube and blend (40 seconds or until dough cleans inside of bowl).
- 8*Ifdough is too wet add reserved 1/2 cup flour to bowl (1 tablespoon at a time until it looks uniformly moiste and elastic).
- 9Push dough down onto the blade and add walnuts.
- 10Mix 10 seconds.
- 11Do not overprocess.
- 12Transfer dough to plastic bag and press loose walnuts into dough.
- 13Shape dough into ball and transfer to oiled bowl, turning to coat.
- 14Cover bowl with damp towel or plastic wrap.
- 15Let rise until doubled (1 hour).
- 16Grease large baking sheet.
- 17Punch dough down.
- 18Turn out onto floured bread board.
- 19Shape dough into smooth ball.
- 20Cover with plastic wrap.
- 21Let rise until doubled (40 minutes).
- 22Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- 23Slash top of dough twice to make an"x" and brush with glaze.
- 24Bake 35-45 minutes or until bread is brown and sounds hollow when thumped.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1010 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3378.3
- Calories from Fat 1487
- Total Fat 165.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 3601.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 410.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.6 g
- Sugars 59.1 g
- Protein 82.6 g