Recipe by rosemere
This is a recipe I found in a cookbook called The Gluten, Wheat, and Dairy Free Cookbook. I have not tried it yet, but it looks interesting as a replacement for wheat bread. I look forward to trying it or having some of my gluten free friends try it on Recipe Zaar and reporting the results.
- 1⁄2 ounce yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 3⁄4 cups warm water (110 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups porridge oats, processed to a fine flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You will need 1 nonstick loaf pan or greased non stick baking tray.
- Put the yeast, salt, and honey in a large bowl. Add the warm water and oil, then mix in the ground oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Knead dough on a floured board for 10 minutes. Divide the dough in two parts and knead the chopped walnut into the dough. Shape the dough and put in on the baking sheet.
- Leave the dough in a warm place for about 30 minutes and let it rise slightly. Place the dough on baking tray or the bread pans and bake for 1 hour until it is firm. Cool and slice. May freeze for later use.