This bread is delicious sliced and buttered and eaten with cheese.
Make and share this Walnut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 350*F or Mark4.
- Grease and line a 2 lb loaf tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves into a large mixing bowl, then sift in the sugar.
- Stir in the salt and the walnuts, then beat in the eggs.
- Slowly pour in the milk, beating all the time until the mixture is like a paste and is hard to beat.
- Put the mixture into the tin and cook for about 45 to 60 minuttes until the loaf is cooked through and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let theloaf cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a rack to become cold.
Wonderful flavor. The whole house smelled like the spices of autumn when it was baking. This is a very dense/firm bread, unlike a moist quick bread. It's chewy and tastes fabulous - especially with butter for breakfast. MMmmmm.