Recipe by Heartsong
Don't feel guilty about eating this Flat Belly Diet angel hair pasta dish -- it's healthy and delicious!TIME: 19 MINUTES SERVINGS: 4 From Prevention. Posted for safe keeping
Top Review by WiGal
Easy to increase or reduce portions. Pretty, definitely healthy! I used whole wheat just as posted here. Did add hot water to the pesto aspect but still had difficulty getting it to smooth out, so I used my fingers to spread it evenly through the pasta. Thank you Heartsong for posting. Made for Fall PAC.
- 295.73 ml sweet basil (packed)
- 118.29 ml walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil (MUFA)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 113.39 g package angel hair pasta, multigrain
- 59.14 ml tomatoes, chopped
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place basil, walnuts, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper flakes in food processor. Process, stopping once or twice to scrape down sides, until finely pureed. Transfer pesto to large bowl using spatula.
- Bring medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Stir 2 or 3 tablespoons of reserved water into pesto. Add pasta and toss, adding more cooking water if necessary for consistency. Divide pasta evenly among 4 plates and sprinkle each serving with tomato and cheese.
- Nutritional Info Per Serving.
- 358 cal, 15 g pro, 42 g carb, 6 g fiber, 16 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 4 mg chol, 249 mg sodium.