Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
This is from Vive le Vegan by Dreena Burton. This recipe calls for a lot of soy milk--add as much or as little as you like. I found that 1/2 cup made a thick, creamy sauce. I made this with arugula, and it also turned out tasty but a little bitter. This sauce was delicious served over pasta with cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons smooth cashew butter or 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups packed fresh basil, leaves only
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Start with just a little soy milk, and add until the pesto reaches the desired consistency.
Fab! I halved this because it's just me eating it, I'd say it has made enough for 2 people...made it thick like you did Parsnip. I'm finding it a bit salty, so I should have adjusted that sea salt to taste - but it's still delish. There are so many uses for this! Pasta tonight...the leftover, who knows! Thanks!
This was so very good!! I used almong butter and almond milk as that's what I had on hand. Boiled some quinoa pasta & sauteed some zucchini and we were in business!! Thanks so much!!