Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
"What makes these tender banana cupcakes extra special is the nutmeg, but make sure it's fresh. I get requests for them all the time; they're amazingly good." From Taste of Home submitted by Rachel Krupp.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add banana and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups have full.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Store in the refrigerator.
loved these! the recipe is a keeper for sure. thanks!