Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another twist on baked apples. I like to serve it with vanilla ice cream. The spices make this very flavorful.
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish, or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place apples in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Stir spice mixture into apples until evenly distributed. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Spoon into prepared dish. Pour milk evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until soft and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Putting this atop of Recipe #376779 made a wonderful holiday flavored breakfast. I doubled Recipe #376779 and cut Recipe #327790 down to serve just the two of us and baked in a custard cup. Knowing I was going to use atop pancakes I almost let out the milk worried they might be too wet, but end up adding it and was pleasantly surprised that the texture and moisture was perfect. We also thought the addition of nutmeg and cloves gave these apples a nice holiday flavor. Tucking this aside for next time DH and I need a special treat for breakfast, thanks for the post.
O'kay I have to make an apology up front here first when I saw 6 serves for 3 applies I though no way so I made the full recipe for 3 of us and well we polished of just under half of the recipe serveed with a dollop of cream and it was delicious and throughly enjoyed, thank ou Chef Jean for such an easy make dessert recipe made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.