1/1 Photo of Walnut and Ricotta Stuffed Figs
Baked and filled figs with a caremel sauce drizzled over the top. Make a great dinner party menu addition Gluten-free too
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the baked figs
- 8 medium figs
- 59.14 ml roasted walnut, coarsely chopped (25 grams)
- 118.29 ml ricotta cheese (120 grams)
- 14.79 ml caster sugar
For the sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C if fan-forced.
- 2Cut the figs, from the top, into quarters. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Open slightly ( to look like a flower) . Place on a baking tray.
- 3Combine the nuts, cheese and sugar in a small bowl. Divide the mixture and place into the top of the opened figs.
- 4Cook figs, uncovered, about 10 minutes -- or until the figs are heated thru.
- 5Meanwhile, combine the sauce, butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over heat until the sugar dissolves. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- 6To assemble- place 2 figs in each serving dish. Drizzle over the caramel sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut and Ricotta Stuffed Figs
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.6
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 91.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: