Recipe by **Jubes**
Baked and filled figs with a caremel sauce drizzled over the top. Make a great dinner party menu addition Gluten-free too
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Oh, Jubes, these are divine! I couldn't find any fresh figs, so I used some nice sun-dried ones that I had, but I'll most certainly be making these again when I can locate some fresh ones. The caramel sauce is perfect with these! Definitely a keeper, thanks for posting! Made for The Hot Pink Panthers for ZWT9
For the baked figs
- 8 medium figs
- 1⁄4 cup roasted walnut, coarsely chopped (25 grams)
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese (120 grams)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
For the sauce
- 1⁄3 cup pouring cream (80 mls)
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly oacked (75 grams)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C if fan-forced.
- Cut the figs, from the top, into quarters. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Open slightly ( to look like a flower) . Place on a baking tray.
- Combine the nuts, cheese and sugar in a small bowl. Divide the mixture and place into the top of the opened figs.
- Cook figs, uncovered, about 10 minutes -- or until the figs are heated thru.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce, butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over heat until the sugar dissolves. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- To assemble- place 2 figs in each serving dish. Drizzle over the caramel sauce.