From Michael Chiarello and NapaStyle comes this unusual and tasty pesto!
My Private Note
cups pe ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 large fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese (home made or store bought whole-milk ricotta cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- sea salt, preferably gray salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Ready a baking sheet and spread the walnuts on in a single layer, then place in the oven and toast until fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven and let cool, then chop coarsely.
- 4In a small skillet over medium high temperature, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil then add the garlic and sauté until lightly golden.
- 5Transfer the garlic into a food processor or mortar and add the basil leaves and toasted walnuts, then process or grind until minced well.
- 6Add the ricotta, the remaining oil (3 tablespoons), and lemon zest and process until well blended.
- 7Transfer mixture to a bowl, stir in the pecorino cheese, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 8Serve over 1 1/2 pounds cooked pasta or use as a dip.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut and Ricotta Pesto - Michael Chiarello
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.9
- Calories from Fat 691
- Total Fat 76.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 157.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese