Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
The mother who really cares makes sure the cookie jar is always full--even if the cookies are boughten, but homemade is Wonderful!
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup raisins, ground
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup english walnuts, chopped
- Cream sugar and shortening thoroughly. Add eggs and mix well. Add ground raisins and nuts; mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to shortening mixture.
- Add vanilla and mix all together.
- Roll in 1-inch balls; place on greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart and flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes.
I left out the walnuts and used whole raisins. They turned out great! They had a little bit of sugar cookie flavor to them. I converted the recipe to make 96 cookies and ended up with 13 dozen. Yeah! Small scoops bake into large beautiful cookies.
These were outrageously good! I don't normally like oatmeal raisin but I made these this morning for my mom in law who loves them. I followed the recipe (I put the raisins and nuts in the food processor)and maybe because I didn't bite into chewy raisins I loved it. Superb cookie recipe!
Wow!!!! These were wonderful. I chopped the raisins instead of grinding. Seemed to work well. One of the best cookie recipes that I have made. Wayne Kent