1/2 Photos of Walnut and Raisin Cookies
Girl from India's Note:
These are wonderful cookies from my mum's book Called Nita Mehta's Oven recipes. My cousin Shilpa made them first and had to make these too!!! I have just discovered that Icing sugar is called powdered sugar out in the west. I'd like to clarify that the powdered sugar in this recipe is just sugar granules ground fine into a powder to facilitate easy and faster dissolving. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F/ 160°C.
- 2Cream the butter and sugar together.
- 3Add the egg slightly beaten and the vanilla essence.
- 4Sift the baking powder and the flour together.
- 5Add the dessicated coconut, walnuts and the raisins to the flour and mix with your hand.
- 6Now add this to the butter mix and fold gently.
- 7Put spoonfuls of the batter 1 inch apart into a prepared (greased or covered with butter paper) baking tray and flatten slightly.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes or till light golden brown.
- 9Cool for 5 minutes.
- 10Now take them out of the tray and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 11Store in a air tight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut and Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 46.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g