Recipe by Girl from India
These are wonderful cookies from my mum's book Called Nita Mehta's Oven recipes. My cousin Shilpa made them first and had to make these too!!! I have just discovered that Icing sugar is called powdered sugar out in the west. I'd like to clarify that the powdered sugar in this recipe is just sugar granules ground fine into a powder to facilitate easy and faster dissolving. :)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped into coarse pcs
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F/ 160°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg slightly beaten and the vanilla essence.
- Sift the baking powder and the flour together.
- Add the dessicated coconut, walnuts and the raisins to the flour and mix with your hand.
- Now add this to the butter mix and fold gently.
- Put spoonfuls of the batter 1 inch apart into a prepared (greased or covered with butter paper) baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till light golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Now take them out of the tray and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in a air tight container.