Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on the safe.org.nz site and found it too dry - the addition of low fat cream cheese made it just what I wanted - I take it to work to spread on toasted bagels for lunch. I use two 400g tins of lentils, rinsed and drained. I guess it could be made vegan by swapping the cheese for tofu.
- 100 g walnut pieces
- 200 g low-fat cream cheese
- 600 g cooked lentils
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Toast the walnuts in a small frying pan for a couple of minutes.
- Put in food processor or blender and whizz briefly to chop.
- Add cheesse, lentils, garlic, oil, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Blend until smooth as you want.
- Taste and season.