Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is absolutely my favorite way of preparing baked chicken thighs. I find the coating is enough to coat 7 thighs. I use chicken thighs with the bone in, but I pull the skin off. Skinless breasts may also be used, but we think the thighs are more flavorful. This recipe came from an ad for Diamond walnuts.
Top Review by little_wing
This was a very nice way to fix chicken and the 45 minute bake time was spot on for my boneless, skinless thighs. The coating was just a bit dry for us...next time I may dot with butter or spray with Pam. Thanks for sharing. Made for AU/NZ Recipe Swap #16
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 eggs or 1 egg white
- 2 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, combine the walnuts, bread crumbs, basil, rosemary, flour and salt.
- In a second shallow dish, lightly beat the egg.
- Roll each piece of chicken in the egg, then in walnut mixture.
- Lay coated pieces on a baking sheet.
- Bake 40-45 minutes in preheated oven until crust is browned.