1/5 Photos of Walnut and Cinnamon Baked Apples
From Australian Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Living issue 10 2007. NUTRITION INFO - per serving (with sugar) 721kj, total fat 7.1g (sat. fat 0.5g), cholesterol 1.8mg, sodium 32mg, carbs 22g, fibre 2.2g, protein 4.2g carb. exchange 1.5, GI est. Low. per serving (with sugar sub.) 636kj, total fat 7.1g (sat. fat 0.5g), cholestrol 1.8mg, sodium 32mg, carbs 17g, fibre 2.2g, protein 4.2g, carb. exchange 1, GI est. Low.
My Private Note
baked a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 apples (granny smith about 150g each)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or equivalent sugar substitute)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (finely grated)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons orange juice (fresh)
- 90 g vanilla yogurt (diet or no sugar 1/3 cup, to serve)
- 1Preheat oven to 170 degree celsius.
- 2Using an apple corer or small sharp knife remove only the core from the apples (keeping the apple whole). Cut out a little extra apple until you form a 2cm wide hole.
- 3Using a sharp knife, score the apples all the way around the middle in a circular motion.
- 4Place the apples in an ovenproof dish, just large enough to hold them.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, currants, sugar (or substitute), cinnamon and orange zest; add 1 tablespoon of the orange juice and stir to combine.
- 6Evenly divide the filling between the apple holes, then spoon the remaining juice over the apples.
- 7Cover the dish with baking paper, then cover with foil.
- 8Cook for 30 - 40 minutes, or until the apples a very tender.
- 9Remove and discard foil and baking paper.
- 10Serve warm with the diet vanilla yoghurt.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut and Cinnamon Baked Apples
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.2
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 25.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g