Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice change to your regular butter cake
- 250 g butter
- 20 g sugar
- 7 eggs
- 170 g sugar
- 190 g flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon powdered milk
- 160 g walnuts, chopped
- 100 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190degrees celsius.
- Cream butter and first batch of sugar. Add egg yolks in one by one and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy. Gradually add in the rest of the sugar and beat till stiff. Mix this into your butter mix.
- Sift in flour, milk powder and baking powder.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square cake tin and bake for 50-60 mins till cooked.