Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
"I love serving a classic for a holiday and the varied colors and textures on here give it an American holiday feel to me…. I love the addition of the cranberries and the tangy blue cheese, but for me the star of this salad is the glazed walnuts. Best of all, make the dressing and cut the salad ahead of time. When ready to serve, just assemble and enjoy.” –Alex Guarnaschelli
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 cup Fisher® Walnut Halves
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (5 ounce) packagecrumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 large head iceberg lettuce, outer layer removed, each cut into 3 wedges
- Glazed Walnuts: Preheat oven to 350°F Line a small baking pan with parchment paper. Combine oil and honey in small bowl. Add walnuts; toss to coat. Transfer to prepared baking pan; bake 12-14 minutes, stirring halfway through baking time. Remove from oven, Cool completely.
- Dressing: Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce together in a small bowl. Reserve 6 tablespoons of the blue cheese, stir in remaining cheese.
- Place each wedge of lettuce onto a plate. Drizzle with dressing, reserved blue cheese, cranberries and glazed walnuts. Serve immediately.
- Note: If dressing thickens after refrigeration, thin down with a little milk.