Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
The first time I walked into a Walmart store here in Orlando, I was just amazed at the size of the store! Never before had I seen any store this size in Oman or Dubai or India. I was just speechless as I walked through the whole store. I have a habit of picking up a momento of a place I go to for the first time and which I like. I picked up this recipe from the store:-) Those were the days when I missed Zaar like a fish without water!!! Hop you enjoy this!
- 1 cup onion, peeled,washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup chopped apricots or 1 cup dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 (1 1/4 lb) pork tenderloin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, saute onions in hot and melted margarine or butter until they are tender.
- Stir in apricots, stuffing mix, 1/2 cup water and pecans.
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Trim fat from meat.
- Make a cut down lengthwise down the tenderloins, cutting to within 1/2 inch of opposite side.
- Spread open and cover the surface with plastic wrap.
- Pound with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spoon half the fruit mixture over each tenderloin.
- Working from a long side, roll up tenderloins to cover the stuffing.
- Tuck in ends.
- Tie at 1 inch intervals with a cotton kitchen twine.
- Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Rub with thyme and pepper.
- Roast foor 30-35 minutes or until the meat and stuffing reach 160F.
- Remove twine, slice and serve.