Colorado Lauralee's Note:
I was putting up wallpaper a few days ago and the darn stuff wouldn't adhere to the wall even tho it was prepasted! I made and used this, and it worked great. I love this stuff! I did use just half the recipe on my small project and it was easy and worked well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour and sugar.
- 2Slowly add the cold water and beat it until no lumps remain.
- 3Add the boiling water, stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil.
- 4When it is stiff, remove from the heat and add alum.
- 5Store in an air-tight container.
- 6Note: If need be, it can be softened by adding small amounts of warm water until desired consistency is achieved.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wallpaper or Paper Maché Paste
Serving Size: 1 (999 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: