Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
I was putting up wallpaper a few days ago and the darn stuff wouldn't adhere to the wall even tho it was prepasted! I made and used this, and it worked great. I love this stuff! I did use just half the recipe on my small project and it was easy and worked well.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and sugar.
- Slowly add the cold water and beat it until no lumps remain.
- Add the boiling water, stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil.
- When it is stiff, remove from the heat and add alum.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Note: If need be, it can be softened by adding small amounts of warm water until desired consistency is achieved.