1/1 Photo of Wallis' Apple Tartin Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Wallis was a lovely French homestay girl we had stay with us, this is her Aunties apple cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Apple mix:.
- 2Peel, core and slice the apples and set aside.
- 3In a large, heavy based frypan, melt the butter then add the sugar. When golden (almost brown) add the cinnamon. Remember to stir constantly as caramel burns fast!
- 4Add the apples and cook for 60 seconds.
- 5Pour mix evenly into a well greased and well lined 20cm round cake tin.
- 6Let cool while making the cake mix.
- 8In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, sugar, butter and vanilla, beat.
- 9Add the water a little at a time. It will be quite thick, this is correct.
- 10Gently add "blobs" of the mix all over and pat the cake mix over the apples (Wallis used a fork).
- 11Place into a pre-heated 200oC oven for 50 -55 minutes.
- 12Once cooked, cool in the tin for 10 mins and then turn onto a plate.
- 13traditionally enjoyed at room temperature with a blob of cream and a cup of tea for afternoon tea.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wallis' Apple Tartin Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1843 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4240.6
- Calories from Fat 2226
- Total Fat 247.4 g
- Saturated Fat 154.0 g
- Cholesterol 641.1 mg
- Sodium 2149.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 478.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 37.0 g
- Sugars 155.0 g
- Protein 44.1 g