Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Wallis was a lovely French homestay girl we had stay with us, this is her Aunties apple cake.
Make and share this Wallis' Apple Tartin Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Apple mix:.
- Peel, core and slice the apples and set aside.
- In a large, heavy based frypan, melt the butter then add the sugar. When golden (almost brown) add the cinnamon. Remember to stir constantly as caramel burns fast!
- Add the apples and cook for 60 seconds.
- Pour mix evenly into a well greased and well lined 20cm round cake tin.
- Let cool while making the cake mix.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, sugar, butter and vanilla, beat.
- Add the water a little at a time. It will be quite thick, this is correct.
- Gently add "blobs" of the mix all over and pat the cake mix over the apples (Wallis used a fork).
- Place into a pre-heated 200oC oven for 50 -55 minutes.
- Once cooked, cool in the tin for 10 mins and then turn onto a plate.
- traditionally enjoyed at room temperature with a blob of cream and a cup of tea for afternoon tea.
WIsh this was in US measurements....Sounds delicious!
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!! This had the house smelling yummy while it baked. We all enjoyed this Tartin. The cake batter looked more like crumbs, but instruction said to add blobs and press with a fork and I did that. When it was done it was like a thick crust, but it tasted great and the apples in the carmel on top of the crust was delicious. Thank You. Made for ZWT8