Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy to make. The recipe may have come from my Mom, but I'm not sure. I've had it for so long.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 -3 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a 3-4 quart crock pot, layer onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper and beef.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix soup, beef bouillon, garlic and tomatoes. Pour over beef.
- Cover, cook on low for 8 to 10 hours (or until beef is tender).
Easy to throw together and the aroma while cooking was very nice. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2014 Event.
A little bit of "slice and dice" work gets done early, and then you just wait. Came out tender and tasty with a very modest effort.