Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy to make. The recipe may have come from my Mom, but I'm not sure. I've had it for so long.
Make and share this Walley's Crock Pot Swiss Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 -3 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a 3-4 quart crock pot, layer onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper and beef.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix soup, beef bouillon, garlic and tomatoes. Pour over beef.
- Cover, cook on low for 8 to 10 hours (or until beef is tender).
Easy to throw together and the aroma while cooking was very nice. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2014 Event.
A little bit of "slice and dice" work gets done early, and then you just wait. Came out tender and tasty with a very modest effort.