1/1 Photo of Walla Walla Onion Relish
An adaptation of the Vidalia Onion Relish to use Walla Wallas and cut down on the amount of sugar used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onions finely by hand or in a food processor.
- 2Turn out into a glass bowl and add 1/4 cup of salt and allow to stand for 30 minutes to an hour.
- 3Drain juice from onions and discard.
- 4Put onions in an enameled or stainless steel pot and add vinegar, turmeric, spices (tied into cheese cloth ball), pimentos and sugar. Bring to a boil and allow to cook until onions are transparent.
- 5Pack onions and cooking liquid into canning jars, leaving a 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and place lids on jars according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- 6Process jars in a water bath for 10 minutes or adjusted to your altitude.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walla Walla Onion Relish
Serving Size: 1 (3136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3742.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: