1/1 Photo of Walla-Walla Onion Casserole
Chef #782749 Photogardener's Note:
Here in Washington state we are lucky to get Walla-Walla onions for a short time and this make a nice busy day casserole. I'm sure you could use any sweet onion and get the same taste. We serve it with boiled Kielbasa and a simple salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil onion chunks for 15 - 20 minutes; drain and rinse well.
- 2Melt butter in saucepan on med.
- 3Stir in flour, broth and milk, stirring until thickened.
- 4Add onions, salt and pepper.
- 5Place onion mixture in a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish,.
- 6top with cheese and cracker crumbs.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- 8Serves 6.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walla-Walla Onion Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.5
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 592.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g