Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A twist on a old childhood recipe! It's a great meal with little effort and kids will love it!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Brown the meat until it is no longer pink.
- Drain the grease.
- Add in taco seasoning, following the directions on seasoning package.
- Put layer of Doritos on each plate.
- Add layer of meat.
- Add a layer of cheese.
- Add any other toppings you desire.
These are so good. Our boy scouts use them on campouts and use small bags of the Doritos and just dump the other ingredients right in the bag and eat them out of the bag with a plastic fork or spoon (no dishes!).
What a quick, easy, yummy lunch this made! I used Amazing Taco Seasoning and reqular tortilla chips since I already had some on hand. I topped the pile with some homemade black bean salsa. Thanks for sharing this south-of-the-border treat! Made for Fall PAC 2008
This was good. I did not layer mine on my plate likle the recipe suggested. I put everything in little piles on my plate and then scooped them on the chips. I had forgotten about Walking Tacos. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall '08