Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Teens really like these, they are fun and easy!
Make and share this Walking Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 ounce) bag Fritos corn chips
- 2 tablespoons ground beef, cooked with taco seasoning
- 1 -2 tablespoon lettuce, shredded
- 1 -2 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 -2 tablespoon salsa (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon onion, chopped (optional)
- Brown the ground meat and add the taco seasoning, keep warm in a crock pot. Shred lettuce and cheese. (Optional: chop tomatoes and onions.).
- To serve: Crush bag of Fritos corn chips.
- Open bag and put taco meat in the bag on top of the crushed chips.
- Top with cheese, lettuce and salsa, tomatoes and onions, as desired.
- Add a fork and serve.
I made taco meat up and put it in the crockpot. I then took this recipe to the race track. We used Doritos instead of Fritos but everyone enjoyed them. I liked that everyone could put on their own toppings. I think they are a bit hard to eat out of a bag but the kids really enjoyed them.
oh my gosh! travelin tacos!! these bring me back to my high school days when the lunch ladies made these every wednesday, people dont believe me when I explain to them what a traveling taco is, but alas here is a recipe!
Fun and yummy.