Recipe by carrie sheridan
one of my Top Ten favorite foods since i was 18 years old and used to order this at the Walker Brothers Pancake House - a favorite restaurant for those who live on the North Shore of Chicago - so quick, so easy, so delicious - special for Christmas morning, too
Top Review by Boomette
I used 2 apples and doubled the dough but not the eggs. I added cinnamon on top of the apples. This was good with powdered sugar on top. Thanks Carrie :) Made for Cookbook tag game
- 1 -2 apple, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- cinnamon sugar, added to butter, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees [i use a Cuisinart larger sized toaster oven - a great appliance for cooking for 2].
- In a cast iron or LeCreuset ovenproof pan, cook sliced apple in melted butter until softened. Remove from heat.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt. Add half and half and blend. Add eggs and whisk thoroughly. Pour this over the sliced apples and place in preheated oven.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove when puffed and not browned.
- Melt butter in pan while pancake is baking. Add cinnamon sugar to taste. Dish up pancake and drizzle melted butter/cinnamon sugar over each serving.
- [use 2nd apple if you'd like this to be more fruit than pancake].