Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I'm wondering if these are anything like the turkey legs you can buy at Disney World or the Renaissance festivals; thus the "Walkaway" because you can walk around with them. Our local grocery had turkey legs really cheap, so I've been searching for recipes to try and posting them here so I can easily find.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (1 lb) turkey legs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients except the turkey legs; mix well.
- Place the turkey legs on a rack in a roasting pan and brush evenly with the oil mixture. Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the skin is golden brown and no pink remains, basting occasionally.
These turned out fairly well, even though the surface of the meat is all that is seasoned here. It was a good "last-minute" use of turkey legs, since I hadn't brined or marinated them. I will save this recipe, and will likely use it again. Turkey legs are a flavorful meat even when not marinated, and I enjoyed the seasoning. Cooked perfectly.