Recipe by xpnsve
Looks like a real cheesecake dessert, but is actually a firm dip to serve with crackers or baguette slices. From a local restaurateur, whose dishes are always incredible!
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
- 5 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 6 cups parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- fresh herb (to garnish)
- baguette, slices toasted or cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- Butter a 9” spring form pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together finely crushed crackers, 5 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and melted butter.
- Sprinkle 3/4ths of the cracker crumb mixture into the pan, pressing the mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the pan (the remaining cracker crumb mixture will be used later).
- In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed just until smooth.
- Add eggs until combined.
- Stir in 6 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese, green onions and pepper until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cracker mixture on top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a knife or a narrow spatula, carefully loosen the cheesecake from the pan.