Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my version of waldorf salad. The longer it sits in the frig the better it is. I fix this alot in the summertime. It is so refreshing!
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, reserve juice of one can
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Equal sugar substitute or 2 tablespoons your favorite artificial sweetener
- Place chopped apples in a large bowl. Squeeze the juice of one lemon on the apples and toss lightly. Add mandarin oranges, reserving the juice out of one can. Add washed grapes, marshmallows and walnuts. In another small bowl, add the peanut butter, reserved orange juice, yogurt and sweetener and mix thoroughly until smooth. Add this mixture to the apple mixture and stir.
Made this on the weekend when I had company. I had never had waldorf salad before. This is another PAC 07 recipe of mine. I loved the crunch of the nuts and the sweetness of the oranges. Wonderful recipe!