Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups cubed cooked turkey, leftovers are great
- 1 small apple, chopped,no need to peel
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Use for sandwiches or salads.
- This is really good on toasted raisin bread.
I've been looking for something quick to fix for work that was healthy and satisfying. This was all that and MORE! It was absolutely delicious. I used canned chicken breast instead of turkey only because I didn't have turkey, and it was great!
This was delightful. I made this for husband and I to take for our lunch. Nice and crunchy. We really enjoyed the nutmeg-cinnamon flavor. I did as you suggested and made sandwiches with toasted raisin bread. Yummy and I got lots of inquiries from co-workers. I just printed up copies of your recipe and spread the good word. Thanks Inez.
This is a great salad for left over Turkey! I omitted the yogurt and doubled the mayo (used low cal). I wasn't real keen on the nutmeg flavor and will probably omit it next time but overall, this is a keeper recipe!