Like apples in your chicken salad? Me too! So I decided to work the Waldorf into some thick cut pork chops...turned out pretty fancy for a weeknight throw-some-stuff-together -- Would work just as well with chicken --and great with some quick cooking polenta on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 2With paring knife, form a deep pocket in each chop: make a 3-4 inch slit into the side and cut through the middle, almost to the other edge. Widen cut into a pocket.
- 3Use 1/2 to 3/4 of the cheese mixture to stuff the chops, reserving the remaining mixture for topping. Seal openings with toothpicks if needed. Season both sides of the stuffed chops with salt and pepper.
- 4Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in saute pan till shimmering. Sear chops for 4-5 minutes per side till golden outside and cooked thru.
- 5Remove chops from pan, lower heat.
- 6Carefully add white wine to the pan, scraping up any browned bits from pan, simmer 1 minute.
- 7Add remaining cheese mixture and simmer until wine is reduced and absorbed, about 1 minute more.
- 8Remove toothpicks from chops, and top with wine-cheese mixture.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waldorf Stuffed Porked Chops
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.1
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 406.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 29.5 g