1/2 Photos of Waldorf Salad With Tart Cherries, Grapes, and Candied Pecans
Tart dried cherries, red grapes, and candied pecans bring traditional waldorf salad to a new level! Makes a lovely addition to the Thanksgiving or Christmas table!! My sister's recipe, originally from Bon Appetit magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup dried tart cherry
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 granny smith apples, cored, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/3 cups very thinly sliced celery
- 1 1/3 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- salt and pepper
- romaine lettuce leaf
- sweet and spicy candied pecans
- 1Soak cherries in 1 cup boiling water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- 2Whisk mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in large bowl. Add apples, celery, grapes and cherries; toss. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 3Arrange lettuce on platter. Spoon salad over. Top salad with candied pecans.
- 4Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waldorf Salad With Tart Cherries, Grapes, and Candied Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 163.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: