Recipe by Tona C.
It just wouldn’t be the holidays without a Waldorf Salad on our table. There are some variations. Not everyone uses marshmallows. Dried cranberries or raisins would probably be an excellent addition. Just experiment — the lemon dressing will make it tasty! From the kitchen of Wanda Thornburg, Moberly MO
- 2 cups chopped red apples (do not peel)
- 2 cups halved green seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 lemons, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the apples, grapes, pecans and marshmallows in a clear glass bowl.
- Boil the egg yolks, sugar and lemon juice (stirring constantly) for 1 minute.
- Let cool to room temperature; then pour over salad and stir gently. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.