heather in Ont,'s Note:
The lemon yogurt adds so much flavor and is the key to this dressing. The salad is simply delicious and easy to make. You can make this ahead, cover and chill for up to 6 hours, but do not stir in the walnuts until you are ready to serve it. You may substitute pears for apples for something different. I think it tastes best with fresh pineapple and apples. My GF gave me this recipe that she found in Dieter’s Cookbook by Better Homes and Garden. To save time I purchase the fresh pineapple already peeled from the grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (or one 15 1/4 oz can pineapple chunks drained)
- 1 1/2 cups apples, chopped (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 kiwi fruits (peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced)
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise, dressing or 1/3 cup salad dressing
- 1/3 cup fat-free lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons walnut pieces, toasted
- 1In a large bowl toss together pineapple, apples or pears, celery, grapes, and kiwifruits.
- 2In a small bowl stir together the mayonnaise dressing, yogurt and honey.
- 3Fold dressing into fruit mixture.
- 4To toast walnuts, place them in a small skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 5 -7 minutes or until golden.
- 5Add walnuts when you are ready to serve.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waldorf Salad on the Lighter Side
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.1
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 115.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free lemon yogurt