1/2 Photos of Waldorf Salad - No Mayonnaise
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Another VT recipe that sounds too good to lose. This is a lightened up version of Waldorf Salad that uses yogurt iinstead of mayonnaise and also, for a surprise treat, includes pears. If you don't have ripe pears, use canned. You may peel the apples and pears if desired. The cooking time includes time to cool down the cooked cider.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple cider
- 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granny smith apples, chopped (or Rome or Gala)
- 2 cups bosc pears, chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted, coarsely chopped or 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted coarsely chopped
- 6 boston lettuce leaves
- 1Boil cider over high heat in a small saucepan until reduced to 3 tbsp (takes 15 to 20 minutes).
- 2Allow cider to cool completely (speed this up by refrigerating).
- 3Mix together the cooled cider, yogurt and cinnamon and set aside.
- 4Mix the apples, pears, grapes, celery, raisins and nuts in a bowl.
- 5Add the yogurt mixture to the apple mixture and toss to coat.
- 6Place a lettuce leaf of each plate and top with Waldorf salad.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waldorf Salad - No Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 29.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened apple cider