Recipe by blucoat
This fast and healthy recipe uses yogurt rather than mayonnaise. I found it in "The Washington Post" and they adapted it from the cookbook:, "Healthy Homestyle Cooking: 200 of Your Favorite Family Recipes-With a Fraction of the Fat" by Evelyn Tribole.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (preferably Honeycrisp)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 3 -4 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half or 3 -4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, toss apples with lime juice. Add the celery, raisins and walnuts and mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and half-and-half, then fold in the lime zest and nutmeg. Spoon some of the dressing over the apple mixture and stir to blend, adding more as needed. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate 1 hour.