Recipe by CaliforniaJan
This recipe appeared in my local paper this week and I served it at a holiday party yesterday...it was the first thing to be gobbled up! Very good and easy to make ahead and just pull out and serve. I used one packet of Splenda instead of sugar and it tasted great.
- 30 -40 Belgian endive, spears
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup Stilton cheese or 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 apples, Granny Smith preferred
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the individual endive spears and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and salt and pepper. Taste and add more sugar, salt and pepper as desired. Stir in the crumbled cheese.
- Peel and core apples and cut into a very small dice. Toss cheese mixture with apples and walnuts. Place a dollop at the base of each endive spear and serve.