Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I experiment and add whatever fruit, nuts and vegetables taste good with this. The original recipe from Woman's Home Companion Cookbook. 1946.
- 2 cups apples, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts or 1⁄3 cup salted almond, chopped
- Core apples, pare if desired or leave red skinned apples unpeeled; dice and sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine with celery and mayonnaise to moisten.
- Pile in lettuce cups or on other salad greens on individual plates.
- Just before serving sprinkle with nuts.
- Note: a little grated orange rind may be mixed with the salad or sprinkled over the nuts.
Delicious! I added some Craisins I needed to use up and glad I did. Thanx for a great recipe!
Sometimes less is more. This recipe is delicious and simple. Very tasty. I used pecans, and increased the celery a bit.