Recipe by Deb G
The combination of peach preserves and mayonnaise makes a special Georgian dressing for this classic salad. From "Southern Homecoming Traditions." I like it best if chilled 24 hours before serving, but it is delicious even if served immediately.
Top Review by peg_lyn
Made for Spring PAC 2010. So now I have a new Waldorf Salad recipe! I really liked the added flavor the peach preserves gave the salad. Since I am a nut (he he!), I used both walnuts and pecans. Thanks for sharing.
- 5 medium Red Delicious apples, unpeeled
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- lettuce leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop apples into 1/2 inch cubes, and sprinkle the lemon juice over all.
- Combine apples with celery, pecans and raisins in a serving dish.
- Combine mayonnaise and peach preserves in smaller container and pour over apple mixture. Stir.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired.