Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from a newspaper clipping and is the best Waldorf salad I've ever eaten.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium apples, unpeeled and coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
- Mix mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Stir in apples,celery and nuts.
- You may also add a handful of dried cherries or cranberries-- use pecans or walnuts, your choice.
- Another variation is to add pineapple chunks.
- Mix all ingredients and chill well before serving.
Followed the recipe exactly. It was very good!
I loved it!!! It was so refreshing on a balmy evening in Florida. I followed the recipe exactly, and added dried cranberries. I did use non-fat mayo however, and it was still great!! I would give this the 5 star rating. Thanks for sharing...
I rate this 5 stars because DH who does not like Waldorf Salad said that it was good. I did not have a lemon so I substituted fresh lime juice & in place of walnuts I used nut topping. I mixed Gala and Granny Smith apples. I particularly liked the mix of the two tastes, one tart and one sweet. Thanks strawberryjane for a good recipe.