My husband loves this salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup walnuts, halves
- 3 large apples, with a crisp texture preferably 1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 stalks celery, sliced on the diagonal into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool and break the nuts up into small pieces.
- 2Half, core, and cut the apples into 3/4-inch pieces, leaving the skin intact.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix the apples with the lemon juice, celery and walnuts.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chives, sour cream, parsley, sugar, and lemon zest and season with pepper.
- 5Add the mayonnaise mixture to the apple mixture and stir to coat. Refrigerate if not using immediately.
- 6Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waldorf Salad
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 154.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: