Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 apples
- 2 large celery ribs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- In small salad bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, and lemon juice, to taste.
- Core apples, cut into bite size pieces, dice celery.
- Add both to salad bowl, fold in nuts.
- Chill up to two hours.
- Toss before serving.
- *variations: bananas& pecans or in the summer peaches and peanuts.
- You can also add 1 cup of shredded cooked chicken.
Very nice! I loved the addition of yogurt - next time, I think I may use 3/4 yogurt to 1/4 mayonnaise instead of half and half, and I think I'll try vanilla instead of plain. I used pecans instead of walnuts out of personal preference (though my son wants walnuts next time). I added dried cranberries to the mix, which were a nice addition. Thanks for posting!
This is a delicious nostalgia recipe. I had this salad often when I was a kid, and was very happy to find the recipe for it. I made it exactly as written and it is exactly as I remember the salad.
We really enjoyed this simple-to-prepare salad. I loved the dressing with yogurt. I made it exactly as written, but look forward to trying the other variations.