Recipe by Rowenna
Inspired by Ruby Tuesday's Waldorf. The recipe is identical except for the grapes, the oranges, and possibly the exact type of apple. I also imagine they use regular mayonnaise, sour cream, and sugar. I don't use measurements for this one, so I guesstimated it. I like lots of dressing on mine. See http://www.recipezaar.com/306406 for recipe of the candied pecans.
Top Review by Gerry
Looking to add some new salads to the 'company menue' had me give this a trial run - with winning results. Other then using less sweetener (family preference) I made as posted using 'uncandied' pecans - next time around will have your recipe#306406 prepared and ready to go ... and there will be a good many next times for this delicious salad.Thank you Rowenna.
- 2 cups purple seedless grapes
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 fuji apples
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and dry grapes and place in a large bowl.
- Rinse and dry the apples. Core apples and cut into twelve to fourteen sections. Chop each section in half and place in the bowl with the grapes.
- Chop the celery stalks into half-centimeter slices and add to the mixture.
- Add mandarin oranges and craisins to the mixture.
- Roughly chop the pecans into halves and quarters and add to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and Splenda. Pour over the mixture. Toss so that the dressing covers everything and the fruits are well combined. Enjoy!