Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like Waldorf Salad, you will want to try this one. It is not only good, but it is pretty. This has dates instead of raisins. Good as a side dish with almost anything.
- 4 cups cubed Red Delicious apples (unpeeled)
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (whipped)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cube the apples leaving the peels on them.
- Slice the celery and add to the apples.
- Add the 3 teaspoons lemons juice and toss.
- Add the dates and the walnuts.
- Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Fold in the mayonnaise, honey, and remaining lemon juice.
- Add to apples and toss.
This was very good. I was trying to recreate a salad I tasted at a tearoom that was very similar to this. While it was not exactly the same, it certainly tasted great and was very close to what I was looking for. Thank you. The chopped dates make this version special.