Recipe by Mimi in Maine
If you like Waldorf Salad, you will want to try this one. It is not only good, but it is pretty. This has dates instead of raisins. Good as a side dish with almost anything.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was very good. I was trying to recreate a salad I tasted at a tearoom that was very similar to this. While it was not exactly the same, it certainly tasted great and was very close to what I was looking for. Thank you. The chopped dates make this version special.
- 4 cups cubed Red Delicious apples (unpeeled)
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (whipped)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube the apples leaving the peels on them.
- Slice the celery and add to the apples.
- Add the 3 teaspoons lemons juice and toss.
- Add the dates and the walnuts.
- Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Fold in the mayonnaise, honey, and remaining lemon juice.
- Add to apples and toss.