Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I needed a sweet, Weight Watcher friendly salad for the up coming Memorial Day holiday and came up with my own version of my Mom's Waldorf salad. I left out the marshmallows and nuts, but, they can be easily added if you think it needs a little extra umph. It couldn't be much easier to make. I hope you like it.
- 1 medium red apple
- 1 medium yellow apple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup celery, chopped (about 3 ribs)
- 1 cup green seedless grape
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cool whip
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (I use Splenda)
- Chop apples in bite sized pieces. Sprinkle lemon juice over them and toss well to distribute juice to all of the apples. (This prevents them from turning brown.).
- Add celery to apples. Cut grapes in half and add to apples and celery.
- Put Fat Free Cool Whip, Fat Free Miracle Whip and Splenda in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour dressing over fruit mixture and toss lightly but throughly.
- Note: Weight Watchers count 1/2 point per 1/2 cup serving.
My DIL made this for father's day. Everyone liked it especially my oldest grandson! That's reason enough to make it again!