Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 quarts red apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 quarts brown rice or 3 quarts white rice, cooked and cooled
- 4 cups celery, chopped
- 4 cups walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, chopped
- 3 cups yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- In a large bowl, toss apples with pineapple juice.
- Stir in rice, celery, walnuts, raisins and carrots.
- In a spearate bowl, blend yoghurt, salt, cinnamon and corriander.
- Stir the dressing in the apple mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Wow, this is fantastic! The flavors all mix together so well. I have a confession to make, though... I had the rice chilling in the refrigerator and was in such a hurry to fix dinner that I forgot to add it! So I suppose what we had was a fruit salad, which was excellent! I did add some rice afterwards and gave it a try and it seemed equally as good. I'll most likely try it the correct way next time... although my whole family raved about it this way! Thanks Char! Update: I made this the correct way last night and it was just as wonderful. I also forgot to mention that I used soy yogurt and scaled it down to 4 servings!