Recipe by Latchy
Something a bit different to have with drinks or as a starter. Based on a Ian Parmenter recipe.
Top Review by Geema
I would never have thought of using rice paper to make a "sandwich wrap"...it's brilliant. By omitting the ham and the noodles, I ended up with a delicious, fruity, chicken salad rolled up in light rice paper. It was truly tasty, and I'm already dreaming of all the other fillings that I could make. Latchy, this was just GREAT!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ham
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked chicken or 1⁄2 cup turkey
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked vermicelli rice noodles, finely chopped
- 1 green apple, peeled and finely chopped, tossed in a little lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons currants
- 1⁄2 cup of good mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 15 rice paper sheets
- 15 leaves of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ham, chicken, celery, noodles, apple, onion, nuts and currants in a bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise and sour cream then add to ham mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip rice paper into hot water to soften, then carefully spread out on a damp tea towel.
- Place heaped tablespoon of Waldorf mixture on edge of wrapper, fold sides in and roll it once.
- Place a mint leaf along wrapper then finish rolling to enclose the leaf.
- Place on a tray and cover with a damp cloth while making remaining rolls.