Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The crispy freshness of a Waldorf salad meets that summer favorite, pasta salad. I've used a combination of yogurt and mayo here so that it's not so gut-busting. If you want to substitute mayo for the yogurt, though, have at it.
- 8 ounces small shell pasta (conchigliette)
- 2 Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package and drain. Rinse under cold water, then drain again.
- Combine the pasta and all other ingredients, except the salt, in a bowl and toss gently until the pasta is evenly coated and all ingredients are blended. Season with salt, to taste. Cover and chill for at least five or ten minutes before serving.